Sunday 23 November 2014

lalla of kashmir

Makaris zan mal isolum manas
ala me labon zanas zan
sun yali dyuthum nishi panas
soruy buy tah boh no ken

(when my mind was cleansed of impurities
like a mirror of its dust and dirt
I recognized the self in me,
I realized that He was everything
and I was nothing)
In the 14th century,there lived a beautiful woman mystic named Lalla who was so intense in her devotion to Lord Shiva that she would wander naked in the valley.Her face and body radiated a childlike innocence and serenity that no one took offence or cast a second look.
The present times with its cheap maxims of morality finds nudity obscene. Infact people today wear clothes to hide their ugliness and the present day motto is "clothes maketh a man".In many parts of India,even today the tribals live bare-bodied and are in much better shape than most city folks.

No comments:

Post a Comment