Thursday 15 January 2015

an affair

Sarah-"Hi! I am from Michigan.I am a lawyer."
Raj-"Hi! I am from Delhi.I am an engineer.What brings you to India?"
Sarah-"I am on a visit to meet my friends."
Raj-"Great! Is this your first visit?"
Sarah-"Yes!."
Raj-"How do you find India?"
Sarah-"Interesting but very confusing!"
Raj-"True! India can be a culture shock for a visitor from the West!.It evokes strong feelings-either an infatuation or a repulsion.No one can be ambivalent about India!."
Sarah-"What bothers me is that people appear to be characters out of a soap opera rather than flesh and blood!."
Raj-"Please be patient! India has more to it than meets the eye."
Sarah-"They have a lot of catching up to do! People appear so indifferent to one another."
Raj-"True! The disease of consumerism has afflicted India too!."
Sarah-"Can there be a meeting ground.?"
Raj-"I dont know!."
Sarah-"Bye.Nice talking to you."

No comments:

Post a Comment